In use by offshore cruisers and racers around the world, the Pelagic Autopilot is a sophisticated, yet simple standalone system designed to perform in a variety of conditions. The system consists of the control head, motor drive and tiller actuator.
This state of the art 9 axis gyro autopilot uses data from roll, pitch, and yaw to monitor and predict boat movement in any sea state, whether surfing downwind, or beating against the trades. Its internal compass is independent of other onboard systems, allowing the autopilot to keep you on course long after the chartplotter gives out.
For those wishing to sail a high course or maintain sheeting angles despite compass headings, The Pelagic System can incorporate your NMEA 0183 apparent wind data as well. NMEA 2K requires a converter, like the Actisense NGW-1.
The Pelagic system is trusted by offshore sailors around the world, install one on your boat today for better performance and safety at sea.
- Control head unit with internal compass
- Motor drive electronics unit for all external connections
- Deck mounted brass sleeve bearing and stainless pin for connecting to the tiller
- A watertight deck mounted Bulgin connector and cover to pass drive signals to the actuator
Available Options Include:
- Wireless remote control
- Actuator parts kit. A back up actuator that can be used for spares or converted to an operational actuator by attaching it to the actuator mounting bracket and Bulgin connector.
- Actuator extension kit
- Fabric covers for actuator and control head
- Data from nine MEMS sensors monitor the vessel's attitude and is used to adjust course and to compensate for roll, pitch, and yaw.
- NMEA 0183 data can be monitored to enable wind direction steering.
- A simple user interface is implemented in a watertight control head, with dimmable LED lamps indicating status.
- The control head and motor drive are housed in NEMA watertight enclosures.
Pelagic Warranty: One year